Cameron is the pastor of ministry development at Journey, serving in a part-time capacity as a volunteer to the church. In addition to assisting the teaching and worship teams, Cameron also works with Journey leaders to advance and implement the vision, mission, strategic planning and staff & ministry development at Journey. He loves to help Journey and its leaders chase God’s vision for our community with clarity and focus and casting that vision Journey-wide.
Cameron has a B.A. in English from Baylor University and he completed three years of studies at Southwestern Seminary in their Master of Divinity program.
Before coming to Journey, Cameron served with other churches as a full-time pastor, worship leader and church planter for 25 years.
Cameron and his wife Elizabeth lead a Journey Community for their neighborhood in the Woodfield/Baylor Camp area of China Spring.
Cameron joined staff at Journey in 2014 as the pastor of ministry development.
- Hometown: Stephenville, Texas.
- Family: Married Elizabeth in 1990. Two sons, Jacob (1994) and Ben (1999).
- Favorite Bible verse: Philippians 2:5-11.
- Favorite local restaurant: Helberg BBQ.
- Famous nonbiblical person I’d like to meet: Bono.
- Guilty pleasure: Guitar collecting.
- Fun fact: Cameron raises registered Angus and American Aberdeen Cattle on his ranch in Mt. Calm.